The Family Success Alliance Advisory Council is a cross-section of community leadership including: local government agencies, non-profit organizations, elected officials, and zone representatives.
The Council advises and makes decisions on zone selection, resource allocations, program planning, and policy changes to ensure a pipeline of high-quality services exists in Orange County for children and families struggling to make ends meet, including:
- Identify geographically defined priority areas of high-need to pilot a focused collective impact approach to provide a pipeline of success from birth to college/career for children and families in the County.
- Serve as a convening body, to catalyze and coordinate partnerships among government agencies, non-profits, and individuals around the pipeline to success in the County.
- Assist in the development of a shared set of goals and standard set of quantitative and qualitative indicators to target activities and measure progress.
- Recommend specific, evidence-based programs and policies to fill gaps in the pipeline through coordination of existing services or development of new initiatives.
- Pursue funding and development opportunities to meet identified needs that cannot be addressed by coordination of existing policies, programs, or services.
- Include a representative from each of the two selected zones to participate as full council members.
- Create work groups for specific issue areas that include participation among community groups working in the two identified zones.